Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a project with vhdl coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmadmax

CPLD USING VHLD........Need a project with vhdl coding
Can somebody plz suggest a project topic for my college lev
el project using VHDL programming on CPLD....
urgently :)
Please......
Thanks....................

Last edited:
I's popular to try and replicate a common microcontroller instruction set. In the 1990's it seemed everybody was re-inventing the 8085, 8051, or Z80 in one language or another as a final prject.

Such a project is easy to verify, since all it needs to do is run some code already written.

finding a project with more macrocells is difficult one as our lectures require
CPLD in VHDL projects
she requires more number of macrocells used in it ............
thats why i need a help in finding a simple digital project with more number of macro cells..........

I's popular to try and replicate a common microcontroller instruction set. In the 1990's it seemed everybody was re-inventing the 8085, 8051, or Z80 in one language or another as a final prject.

Such a project is easy to verify, since all it needs to do is run some code already written.

I think you are thinking of FPGAs. CPLDs don't have enough flipflops or gates for something like that. I used one to count the pulses of 2 quadrature encoders and send the values via RS232 and I think it just about used all the resources.

I dont know how complex it needs to be...The simplest idea i had was a square wave freq. generator. The frequency could be set using 8 or 12 or however many digital inputs.

If you need more complexity, you could make a square wave PWM generator. Freq. and duty cycle could both be set using digital inputs.

If that still isnt enough, you could make it so that you could set the freq. and duty cycle from a PC using RS232.

I suggest this suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back