Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a part for this Silvertone radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebuff

I just purchased these GE radios recently. Both of them are parts units. The one photograph of the radio which is on the brick wall, that's a stock copy image from the internet.

It shows what the radio looks like in its original shape. What I'm looking for on the one I bought is the trim piece which bolts in front of the speaker and dial opening. Some of these photographs from the internet show where that part has a chrome look to it.

And others show where it looks like gold trim. I've been looking around all over on the internet. But it doesn't seem like anybody has that front piece for sale. I am planning on restoring the one which is inside the cabinet.

If I can't find the original piece, I'm already planning on trying to design something similar from chrome pieces that I might be able to find at a discount automotive parts store.

But if anybody happens to have the original piece which goes with this radio, I can certainly use it. Thanks.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1619221369511.jpg
    FB_IMG_1619221369511.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_20210423_192440.jpg
    IMG_20210423_192440.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_20210423_192452.jpg
    IMG_20210423_192452.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20210423_192503.jpg
    IMG_20210423_192503.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 317
That's an excellent idea. And I wouldn't mind having a replica done of the original. As opposed to me trying to come up with something in my own mind. Anything I make won't be exactly like that one.

But I haven't heard of anybody or any place out there who makes replica trim pieces like this. Who does that? I'll certainly pay whatever it cost if there is a place or an individual who does that kind of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back