Need a new laptop - Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, learning Linux was a mindtwister nightmare for me, and am not done, by far. More like hebrew for you. But am not going back.

Sorry; enough off the original topic.

Well, learning Linux was a mindtwister nightmare for me, and am not done, by far. More like hebrew for you. But am not going back.

Sorry; enough off the original topic.

The good news is that all operating system firms decided to use uniform language soon and it is going to be Hebrew.

Last edited:
Ron: I don't buy office supplies at Staples anymore. OK, I buy paper. Ink is horrendously expensive. They took the stuff I did buy off the shelves. I'm waiting for a sign that says 'Help close this store - Buy online". I use their copy machines, but TOO BAD 3D printing isn;t available. The place I used to buy from morpfed into Yuk, so I have to buy from lots of places now.
Some items:
1. top opening plastic string envelopes (they now carry side - removed the other)
2. 1 and 2" Post-it tape - Their copy center uses what I use, which they removed from the shelves. Now a smaller more expensive roll.
3. Pilot pens/refils - Nicest pens I ever owned
4. Staedtler fine markers - Beats Sharpies any day
5. scotch tape - better prices elsewhere
6. Rubber bands (quality issues) - (working on it) Never knew rubber bands sucked.
7. Binder clips (OK)
8. post-it notes (OK, but better deals elsewhere)
9. Shipping tape: both clear and Mylar (OK, but better deals elsewhere)

Ship to store is always possible or order at store. I think shipping is free if you order at the store.

Any questions I try to ask their computer techs gets a blank look.

Actually KISS I cheat. My wife Kathy does everything. Amazon is her best friend. When I want something I just write it down, stick it on her computer and in a few days I have whatever I wanted. Office Max or Office Depot or Staples is a rare occasion of I wanted it yesterday so I drive down the road a few miles. Very rare, I just let Kathy buy everything, even ordering my electronic parts or modules through Amazon. Complex things I just email her a link in Amazon to what I want. Two days later it's here. Damn I love this system.

Oh yeah, nothing worse than rubber bands that suck, as in don't have any elasticity to them. What good are they?

Ron

MY 2 CENTS, How many usb ports do you need? One for mouse, one for blue tooth, one for phone, one for gps/ tracker device, I currently use a 1 to 4 hub which takes up one of my 2 ports. And I think my usb ports are not making good connections any more,

I really only need 3--One for a flash drive, one for an external HDD, and one for my USB programmer or other device (My phone perhaps). I do have 2 1-to-4 USB hubs though so it's not all that important.

When in doubt . . . go Toshiba.
I like my Toshiba, even though it only has 2 USB ports.
Who makes the most reliable USB to micro USB cords, I bought a handful of those little roll up jobs and they all failed in short order, + I despise the micro USB, they seem to not make good connections and that with the roll up cord, I never know which is giving me the most problems, wiggle the cord, wiggle the connector until I get the signal that all's connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…