Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a little help here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your diodes and transistors are correct.
When the diodes are added to prevent reverse voltage damage to the transistors then two resistors should be added to turn off the transistors.

Attachments

• beacon circuit.PNG
    beacon circuit.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 145
The base-emitter resistors are not really necessary with the BD679s. They already have the resistors built in:

Attachments

• BD679.PNG
    BD679.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 161
8k ohms is pretty low so maybe the oscillator will not work anyway.

Please don't call everybody a SIR. A SIR was knighted by the Queen of England.
Most of us have never seen the Queen of England and have not been to India.

You can call me a dude or a stud.:D

My father was an enlisted Navy man in the U.S. One of the favorite colorful phrases he provided me as I grew up was "Sir? Don't call me sir, I work for a living."

It's a sign of respect amongst one another, especially in the southern US, where I live. Has nothing to do with being knighted and that sillyness. Whenever I am speaking with someone I'm not familiar with, it's always "yes sir" and "yes ma'am"

"yes sir" and "yes ma'am" are silliness and are related to very old customs (still used in India).
"Hey dude" and other greetings are more modern.

I always greet someone with their name. "Hi George, how are you and your family?"
I always called my teachers by their last-name, "thank-you, Mr. Smith".

"Hey dude" is silly surfer speak. Like, "Hey dude! Surf's up!" Sir and ma'am are formal and respectful.

PS, my father had a saying too. When he asked a question, and I replied "Yeah" He'd say, "Would it break your jaw to say sir?!"

Last edited:
To melvinspeed: I don't think your circuit will work for reasons I already stated. Try finding a better one.

really need help guys!

I am so sorry, I didn't conversate much more English, I'm a Filipino. Can anyone please configure my circuit coz I had already subitted my paper work in that project and I do really have not enough time to do another. Please help dudes..

Last edited:
You're fine melvinspeed. Some members have control issues. Do you know how your project is supposed to work? Can you name your circuit? Can you basically describe it's operation? I can offer some suggestions to make it work, but if you dont have any idea how it's supposed to work, you won't understand my suggestions. And I've tried to simulate these circuits, but LTSpice seems to have trouble for some reason.

You're fine melvinspeed. Some members have control issues. Do you know how your project is supposed to work? Can you name your circuit? Can you basically describe it's operation? I can offer some suggestions to make it work, but if you dont have any idea how it's supposed to work, you won't understand my suggestions. And I've tried to simulate these circuits, but LTSpice seems to have trouble for some reason.

hi,
Post your LTS asc files, I like a challenge.:)

HI Eric. The first asc file simulates fine, but seems to take a long time for such a simple circuit. In the 2nd one, I've attempted to add output buffers, but the simulation just seems to hang up.

Attachments

• astableMulti.asc
    2.1 KB · Views: 132
  • badInvertro.asc
    2.6 KB · Views: 139
BTW, I think the OP needs to drive his globes from added buffers to get his project to work. I think connecting them in place of the Collector resistors is a bad idea.

BTW, I think the OP needs to drive his globes from added buffers to get his project to work. I think connecting them in place of the Collector resistors is a bad idea.

hi,
Try these.

Attachments

• astableMulti.asc
    2.2 KB · Views: 132
  • badInvertro.asc
    2.6 KB · Views: 128
Thanks Dude :)Pulsing the 12V was my attempt to give the circuit a starting transient.

melvinspeed, here is one idea that might get you going. Q3 and Q4 were added to drive your globes, which are modeled by R12 and R9. This circuit is provided as an illustrative example of how to drive using a multivibrator. It may not be the final circuit that works in your final configuration. It's up to you to understand the principles involved and get it to work.

Attachments

• GlobeInvertor.JPG
    GlobeInvertor.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 138
I don't think the diodes should short the bases of the transistors and ruin the negative swing of the capacitors.
Instead I think the diodes should be in series with the bases.

Attachments

• beacon circuit.PNG
    beacon circuit.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back