Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a help with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciao_king

My aunt gave me a printer that uses a USB port but my computer which is Pentium II system doesnt have a USB card. What kind of USB card do I have to look? Or else, is there a circuit that converts from USB port to parallel port?

ciao_king said:
My aunt gave me a printer that uses a USB port but my computer which is Pentium II system doesnt have a USB card. What kind of USB card do I have to look? Or else, is there a circuit that converts from USB port to parallel port?

If you have a spare PCI slot in your computer, PCI USB cards are freely available at very low cost. You only need a USB 1.0 card, it's more than fast enough for your printer, and with the release of USB 2.0 the older card prices have plummeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back