Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a certain PIC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2camjohn

I need a pic with a precise ADC like the PIC12f675 but with at least 8 IO pins like the 16f628a.

I would like an internal OSC, a timer and interrupt capability too.

I dont want something as large as the PIC16f877, 18 pins would be as big as I could go.

I know I should read through all the datasheets but I figured if someone is using a chip that fits this criteria then I would have a place to start looking.

Thanks
John

2camjohn said:
I need a pic with a precise ADC like the PIC12f675 but with at least 8 IO pins like the 16f628a.

I would like an internal OSC, a timer and interrupt capability too.

I dont want something as large as the PIC16f877, 18 pins would be as big as I could go.

Try the 16F819, it's got 10 bit A2D in an 18 pin package, as well as everything else you wanted. The 16F88 is another choice.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Try the 16F819, it's got 10 bit A2D in an 18 pin package, as well as everything else you wanted. The 16F88 is another choice.

16F676 is another choice. 14 pin package, 8 ch 10 bit A/D, int. oscillator.

The 16F676 seems like the way to go out of those choices.

It is supported by my programming software but not by WinPicProg (1.91)

Nigel is ther a way of extending the range of PICs that WinPicProg supports?

Also will my programmer (PIC16PRO40) support the chip even though it only has 8 18 and 40 pin sockets??

Thanks
John

2camjohn said:
The 16F676 seems like the way to go out of those choices.

It is supported by my programming software but not by WinPicProg (1.91)

Nigel is ther a way of extending the range of PICs that WinPicProg supports?

There's no external way of doing it in WinPicProg, doing it that way isn't very practical because of the different programming algorithyms used for various different PIC's.

Also will my programmer (PIC16PRO40) support the chip even though it only has 8 18 and 40 pin sockets??

Yes, I've programmed 14 pin PIC's in the P16PRO40.

The later versions of WinPicProg already support the 16F676, you can download the latest beta (1.95C) from a link in the Announcements section of the Forums. There's a list of supported devices at .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back