Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nato Stock Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

Any one knows where to get the list of Nano Stock number together with the cross references ?
Please advise.
Thanks.

NATO stock numbers and the "old" FSN (federal stock number) should be similar. They added a double-digit sometime in the 1970s as I recall regarding a lot of that.

When I was in the Navy, the supply department had hard copy (and were slowly moving to microfiche) of manufacturers' part numbers to FSN, but I don't remember there being an FSN-to-description document. In any case, I suspect that by now, every bit of that is computer-driven, either on CD-ROM or available by authorized parties over the Internet.

The GSA used to have a lot to do with that system, so maybe nosing around that direction would be helpful.

Dean

Hello,

I couldn't find any database on nato stock number.
Is this available on line?
Any one out there can advise me? Thanks.

Shermaine, a simple Google search with "Federal Stock Number" in the search field produced this URL as the first hit:

http://www.defensedata.com/

.... and there's lots more following that one. Next time, rather than reposting three times, try searching yourself. Fifty metasearch engines out there and they never get used by those who need them the most.

Sigh.

Dean

Thanks! But i was actually searching for a free database online without having to pay for subscription to access it. It seem nt available in the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back