Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

National old IC ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortiko

Please help to find what is the replacment IC for this old National i have attached at photo.

051-9852

This is for the pcb of my stanley garage opener

Any help will be appreciated
icnational.JPG

Hi ortiko,

What is the weather like in Athens today?

The chip that you show has a National custom number so getting that number part would be impossible.

But we may be able to find a functional replacement, provided it does not have a special function too.

We would need a schematic from the service manual or if you could trace out the printed circuit traces and draw a circuit that would do.

Why do you want to replace the chip though?

spec

Hello spec

The weather today is cloudy and maybe it will rain a littlebut the temp is 20 celsius hot hot hot!!! ;)

I want to replace it because:
Near this ic is the lm339 ic. It warmed alot and the voltage at vcc pin was 2volt.

Replaced the lm78l82 and voltage is 8.2 V. Also replaced the lm339 IC but the pcb is not functional...
Suppose that this 051-9852 ic is off and if replace it will do the job.

Attached for you to cheack please is the other side of pcb
Thank you alot for helping
pcbdown.JPG

Last edited:
I have a feeling its a special.... AB may be Allen Bradley who did motor controllers... If this is the case this is probably a GAL which would need programming... BUT!! references to B9130 yield programmable power supply chip...

I would imagine it's most probably a custom chip, and is a programmable device as well - so the only source would be a direct replacement from the manufacturer.

Interesting it's a 20 pin device, which is fairly uncommon.

Looks very much like the National Semiconductor logo to me.

spec

I would imagine it's most probably a custom chip, and is a programmable device as well - so the only source would be a direct replacement from the manufacturer.

Interesting it's a 20 pin device, which is fairly uncommon.

Yeah, I thought that. The early 20 pin packs tended to be octal bus drivers/transceivers: 74xxx245 etc

spec

ust for reference i have purchased a used pcb from the garage technician that installed in first place the door before 25 years an he charged it to me for 120 Euros :mad::mad::mad:
I could not wait any more. The door was unlocked.
At ebay someone sells it for 50$

Thanks everyone for posting helpful answers

Good news that you have got the garage door working again:)

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back