Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nail dryer stoped working and I can't find the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboredunicorn

Hello,
I have a Sunone UVLED nail lamp. For some reason, it stopped working yesterday. None of the lamps are glowing when turned on and because of that, I think that the fault is from the driver(uploaded pictures).
Here is how's it supposed to work: I plug in the connector to the dryer, then I hold button one(led 1), select for how many seconds I want it to work, put my hand inside the dryer(there is an IR receiver and emitter) and it starts working. I tried connecting the two ends of the IR's and start it again, but that didn't work as well. I have no idea what might be wrong with it and how to fix it. Can somebody help?

20201212_192355.jpg
20201212_193616.jpg

Q1 looks to be the transistor that drives your array of UV LEDs. Can you read a part number off it?

Also, what is the DC voltage across the LED + and - terminals (top right of the PCB) when you set your normal On time?

Last edited:
With the negative probe fixed on the - terminal, can you touch the positive proble to each LED and read the voltage. One side of the LED will read a higher voltage than the other. It would be useful if you can indicate these on a diagram or annotated photo.

It looks like there may be a crack around the soldered joint where the red wire that goes the the LED panel is soldered to the control board. Check that you still measure 10.38 volts between the red and black wire where they connect to the LED panel.

Les.

It looks like there may be a crack around the soldered joint where the red wire that goes the the LED panel is soldered to the control board. Check that you still measure 10.38 volts between the red and black wire where they connect to the LED panel.

Les.
I tried searching for a crack but I didn't find one. Also, I'm using this forum more . All of M.Joshi's questions are answered there and there are additional photos as well.

What is the voltage across the output terminals with the LED arrays removed?

Also, did you get a chance to try this?

With the negative probe fixed on the - terminal, can you touch the positive proble to each LED and read the voltage. One side of the LED will read a higher voltage than the other. It would be useful if you can indicate these on a diagram or annotated photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back