Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mystery LCD module

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneary

This little guy (a lot of them) appeared at a local swap meet recently, but I don't have data for it. The LCD looks maybe like it would be 2 rows x 12? There are three buttons and 5 LEDs. The chips U2 and U3 on the back are both "LS00", i.e. 74LS00. I removed the glass to expose the two blobs D1 and D2 on the front, in the second pic.

Part number is shown as "POWERTIP PC1602XP5".

Similar part numbers on the Powertip site show very different displays. Email to Powertip says the display is proprietary for a customer, won't provide data. Has anybody seen these, managed to find data, or reverse engineer one?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• MysteryLCD1.JPG
    MysteryLCD1.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 371
  • MysteryLCD2.JPG
    MysteryLCD2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 331
  • MysteryLCD3.JPG
    MysteryLCD3.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 319
This little guy (a lot of them) appeared at a local swap meet recently, but I don't have data for it. The LCD looks maybe like it would be 2 rows x 12? There are three buttons and 5 LEDs. The chips U2 and U3 on the back are both "LS00", i.e. 74LS00. I removed the glass to expose the two blobs D1 and D2 on the front, in the second pic.

Part number is shown as "POWERTIP PC1602XP5".

Similar part numbers on the Powertip site show very different displays. Email to Powertip says the display is proprietary for a customer, won't provide data. Has anybody seen these, managed to find data, or reverse engineer one?

Many thanks!
It should be 16*2 as per nomenclature i presume that they might have been used in some xerox or printer machines. the 26 pin connector can safely be imagined as 16 +10 and the first sixteen with pin1 identified, may follow the standard format of the connector of the type used,
Rest could be the integrated keypads and display LEDs with the LS00 gates (U2)driving them.
U1 appears related to display. All suggestive, never saw one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back