Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My TV is messing up whilst gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMoab

Hi,
I have recently come across a problem that been happening lately with certain PS3 games. I was playing GT5 and at certain times my TV would mess up and a screen would pop up with different colours and this was the only game it happened to until last night, I was playing Black Ops and had some Valkyrie Rockets and every time I would go to kill someone the impact would mess up my screen with different colours?? But it doesn't always happen on impacts it sometimes just does it randomly. I fear my TV is dying as this has never ever happened before and my TV is nearly 4 years old which isn't long. It happens only when im playing games.

Here is a picture of what I mean. It varies is colour and sometimes just switches off completely and as i stated it only happens in games, everything else on the PS3 works fine.

Thanks in advance.

**broken link removed**

Its nothing great at all, Its a Bush LCD32TV016HD which has quite a bad rep lol. It has only recently started happening and im guessing it could be the HDMI port? My PS3 runs fine on 576 but HD mode, No.

Last edited:
Its nothing great at all, Its a Bush LCD32TV016HD which has quite a bad rep lol. It has only recently started happening and im guessing it could be the HDMI port? My PS3 runs fine on 576 but HD mode, No.

HDMI has some probs. Sometimes when you turn off any device in between. Then turn it back on it will loose sync. If it's between use of the game and when you come back it could have lost sync. Try unplugging the cable and plugging it back in to see if there is any difference. Some people I know have done it and was able to get it back. Could be HDCP hand shake I'm really not sure. I haven't found anything that will support it. Most none compliant devices can have trouble. If it was component or DVI most likely no probs.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have unplugged the HDMI and TV and gave it a bloody good clean but it didnt do the trick. I have changed the HDMI cable with the old one i had and that still didnt do it so im pretty much clueless lol. I think its time to get a new TV i reckon.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have unplugged the HDMI and TV and gave it a bloody good clean but it didnt do the trick. I have changed the HDMI cable with the old one i had and that still didnt do it so im pretty much clueless lol. I think its time to get a new TV i reckon.

I found a couple post's on an AV Forum. One was in 2008 and the other 2010 "no one" came up with a solution.

Looks like you need another "game'er set" you could set this one up with component and use it in another room?

Thanks for searching, Much appreciated. Yeah i reckon so, ill probably just give it to my parents and invest in a new TV. Thanks very much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back