Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My project's run too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post the schematic for your thermometer so we can have a look. I edited my post after discovering that the PIC16F84 doesn't have an A/D converter.

Last edited:
I have post at the begining but here is again.

Attachments

• thermometer.gif
    thermometer.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 121
Well, the temperature sensor you're using is digital so that rules out A/D conversion and reference-voltage issues.

I would verify that the 18B20's supply voltage is within spec for both your supplies (3.0-5.5V). Otherwise, it's probably a software issue. Maybe if the crystal is running fast it's causing the PIC to request readings from the 18B20 faster than it's rated for.

EDIT: One more thing... is your 5V supply stable, and providing enough current? Maybe it's got ripple or sag that's affecting your circuits. Try putting a 100uF cap across the 5V supply input, and a .1uF cap across Vdd/Vss on the PIC as close to the PIC as possible.

Last edited:
Well, the temperature sensor you're using is digital so that rules out A/D conversion and reference-voltage issues.

I would verify that the 18B20's supply voltage is within spec for both your supplies (3.0-5.5V). Otherwise, it's probably a software issue. Maybe if the crystal is running fast it's causing the PIC to request readings from the 18B20 faster than it's rated for.

EDIT: One more thing... is your 5V supply stable, and providing enough current? Maybe it's got ripple or sag that's affecting your circuits. Try putting a 100uF cap across the 5V supply input, and a .1uF cap across Vdd/Vss on the PIC as close to the PIC as possible.
My supply is stable,but I dont anderstend why at 5v thermometer wrongs,in 3.7v works fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back