Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My 'new' private phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western

Just reading this thread about phone connections but didn't want to hijack it ... https://www.electro-tech-online.com...ion-telephone-cables-wired-in-reverse.154784/

I thought some may be interested to see the new phone system I installed over the weekend between the house and my workshop ... well new as in 'new system' ... not new as in 'new phone' :)

As you can see we're right up with technology out here in Oz.

British Erricson 135MW-2.jpg PMG 334MT.jpg

P.O.T.S. = Plain Old Telephone Service
P.A.N.S = Pretty Awesome New Services

P.O.T.S. = Plain Old Telephone Service
P.A.N.S = Pretty Awesome New Services

Haha ... hadn't heard that one before.

I gotta admit I'm surprised my wife wanted it in the house. The old wooden one I inherited from my folks ... as a kid I used to play with it down in the cellar at home on the farm.

I was just going to put it up in my workshop as a novelty ... along with the WWII bomb and a heap of other weird stuff ... but my wife decided she'd like it in the house. Then I figured I should make it work ... so I called on a friend who used to work for Telecom Australia and he gave me the old black phone to install in the workshop. That actually had a fault ... but didn't take much effort to fix ... so now it's all working.

It's a bit of a novelty at the moment ... especially for our four year old ... and it will probably wear a bit thin when there are visitors and I am working ... but that's the price you pay.

British Erricson 135MW.jpg PMG 334MT guts.jpg

I would have loved something like that when I was countrified (live in the city now). What a great conversation starter.

Mike.

What a great conversation starter.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what Rose thinks too. Generally she turns her nose up at old stuff ... not interested in the slightest in classic cars or motorcycles ... dunno what's wrong with the woman. :)

You need a company label "The Honey Do Phone Company". Your "talk battery" is pretty cool.

PANS = Personal Area Network https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_area_network

I was talking to a girl that works at a local pharmacy, actually she reluctantly had lunch with me. She said she gave her young daughter a rotary phone to play with. Rotating the dial was foreign to her. She kept trying to tap it.

One time at another pharmacy, I actually had a customer, "blond", convinced that 5' 12" was taller than 6 feet. That was funny too.

It just seems hard to talk to strangers. No one wants to talk to you.

You need a company label "The Honey Do Phone Company".

If it was just phones I could probably handle it ... tonight I gotta go out and learn the Valentino Tango with her. That may be hard work. :)

Your "talk battery" is pretty cool.

Yeah ... we moved here over 2 years ago and I still cant find most of my stuff. I know there's some battery cradles around somewhere ... but when you've got kids clamoring for action ... a bit of solder and some hookup wire is quick and easy.

She said she gave her young daughter a rotary phone to play with. Rotating the dial was foreign to her. She kept trying to tap it.

Our little fellow takes on a whole new persona when he rings me ... talks quite differently. When he's finished he says "Over" and promptly
hangs up. No idea where that comes from. :)

It just seems hard to talk to strangers. No one wants to talk to you

You're right there, its quite sad. Everyone is afraid. (I assume that's what it is ... either that or just plain rude!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back