Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My first PIC - LED blinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0rtd

Hi Guys, I have bought my first PIC - 16F628A and I want to create my first program, I built my programmer JDM. I have read up a bit about this pic, ide's etc...

Does anyone know where I can get the code to a simple blinker program tailored to this chip? plus a schematic for testing the program?

i really want to make it blink! :)

cheers
Jurgen

I'm envious, I just got my first couple of PICs and am having a lot of difficulty getting my programmer to work. you're one step ahead of me :lol:

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk
These are very good tutorials if you're just getting into PICs like you and me. The first tutorial is how to make an LED blink.

Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat but I haven't got a programmer yet. Which one is has the least number of parts and easiest to build? I've looked through the tutorial links and can't decide.

Thanks

I tried nigel's tutorials, I have even built the mainboard and the led board... but i must be retarded - because i would have a clue on how to connect the mainboard to the led board...

I thought i might be able to find an easier method to start with..

s0rtd said:
I tried nigel's tutorials, I have even built the mainboard and the led board... but i must be retarded - because i would have a clue on how to connect the mainboard to the led board...

I thought i might be able to find an easier method to start with..

With a 10 way lead, with Molex connectors on the end, the matching chassis plugs are fitted on the boards themselves.

This modular construction means you can use the boards in different combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back