Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my final year project need some urgent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitenderrawal

I am doing my final year project and i need some serious help i am using a 89c51 microcontroller and ULN2803 darlington transistor and four relays
how to connect the microcontroller with the ULN2803 and relay please helpgive me some idea as soon as possible
how to interconnect microcontroller,uln 2803and relays.

If there is a problem , it will be the quasi-bi-directional structure of the port pins on the 89C51. They can't source very much current, only about 60 microamps. That may be enough to turn the darlington on, but not very hard.

The data sheet from Allegro lists a typical input current of .9 to 1.35 milliamps.

If I were you I would use a PNP predriver pulled low by a port pin to connect the input of the ULN2803 to Vcc. That should turn the output on smartly! In addition your outputs will be off while RESET is asserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back