my dogs are a little slow (or smart). Ideas and circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
chemelec said:
Here is a good, simple Proximity detector I designed on my webste.
Hi Gary,
Nice circuit. :lol:
Aren't you up in the mountains where there isn't hundreds of radio and TV stations for your circuit to fool around with?

Yes, as far as I know it's just an RF carrier?, but I've never really studied RFID.

EDIT:

Just did a quick google, here's a nice clip from a website I found.

Nigel Goodwin said:
How about RFID tags?, no power required on the animal side.

fridusa.com said $600 for two dogs.

So that is out. I think PIR, I know other animals can get in, but I can make sure they come in but not go out.

Might look into chemelec idea as well, but they can get in and out as well.

I have two antenna farms for high-power AM stations not far away. Everything picks them up. It's too bad that the weather's been nice because those antennas are growing very well.

Sorry audioguru, I didn't see this post earlier.
Too May Posts on too many Forums.

Yes, Basically ZERO Reception.
Occassionally a bit of Radio Bounce signal from the Ionesphere, or simular.
Without satellite I really get nothing.

I think that proximity circuit would be better than a transmitter, except for the possibility of letting other animals in also.

I just read this article on yahoo news which might be of interest. In the text, it says the [implantable] rfid chips cost about $2 and "the 'reader' devices are available for as little as $50." It also gives a [New Zealand] web address for a forum where more info is available.
**broken link removed**
Of course, nothing says you have to implant them, you could probably seal one in a capsule on your dog's collar.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…