Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my dogs are a little slow (or smart). Ideas and circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
chemelec said:
Here is a good, simple Proximity detector I designed on my webste.
Hi Gary,
Nice circuit. :lol:
Aren't you up in the mountains where there isn't hundreds of radio and TV stations for your circuit to fool around with?

epilot said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
epilot said:
Nigel how it collects the power?
i would like to know more about its performance without any internal power supply

Basically an RF tuned circuit feeding a rectifier - which is why it's short range.

so it sends a electromagnetic signal for feeding the RFID circuit?

Yes, as far as I know it's just an RF carrier?, but I've never really studied RFID.

EDIT:

Just did a quick google, here's a nice clip from a website I found.

The RFID (radio-frequency identification) system consists of an RFID tag, a reader, and a user-interface computer. The passive RFID tag contains a silicon chip and an LC antenna circuit. The passive tag is energized by an RF field that’s transmitted by the reader (interrogation). Therefore, the tag doesn’t require any batteries for its operation.

Passive RFID tags are used for animal tagging, asset tracking, access control applications, etc. When the tag is energized by the RF field, it transmits back the contents of its memory by modulating the incoming RF field. The reader detects and demodulates the signal and identifies the tag.

Nigel Goodwin said:
How about RFID tags?, no power required on the animal side.

fridusa.com said $600 for two dogs.

So that is out. I think PIR, I know other animals can get in, but I can make sure they come in but not go out.

Might look into chemelec idea as well, but they can get in and out as well.

I have two antenna farms for high-power AM stations not far away. Everything picks them up. It's too bad that the weather's been nice because those antennas are growing very well.

audioguru said:
chemelec said:
Here is a good, simple Proximity detector I designed on my webste.
Hi Gary,
Nice circuit. :lol:
Aren't you up in the mountains where there isn't hundreds of radio and TV stations for your circuit to fool around with?

Sorry audioguru, I didn't see this post earlier.
Too May Posts on too many Forums.

Yes, Basically ZERO Reception.
Occassionally a bit of Radio Bounce signal from the Ionesphere, or simular.
Without satellite I really get nothing.

I think that proximity circuit would be better than a transmitter, except for the possibility of letting other animals in also.

I just read this article on yahoo news which might be of interest. In the text, it says the [implantable] rfid chips cost about $2 and "the 'reader' devices are available for as little as $50." It also gives a [New Zealand] web address for a forum where more info is available.
**broken link removed**
Of course, nothing says you have to implant them, you could probably seal one in a capsule on your dog's collar.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back