Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Music Keyboard IC: YW UTC2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgyver42

I bought a real cheap toy keyboard that has one IC in it, and it's almost a step-and-a-half flat.

I thought maybe the tuning of the thing might be determined by an associated crystal (fat chance!) or maybe an associated RC circuit. I can't find info on this IC. Anyone know anything about it?

**broken link removed**

It's not too complicated, so I can probably derive the schematic.

Thanks,

-Mark

There is a stereo amplifier IC from Toshiba that carries the 2025 base number -- and UTC makes a version of that IC that can be used as a "bridge" amplifier as well. The IC is the TEA2025 (UTCTEA2025), and I have uploaded **broken link removed**for it. Maybe this will help?? :)

Not a simple amp

ChrisP,

Thanks for trying. This can't just be a linear amplifier, because the darn thing has a bunch of functions. It's got a variety of instrument sounds, drums, demo tunes, etc. This has got to be an on-board computer/synthesizer, I think, unless there's another real-well hidden IC or two that I missed...

Now that I give it some more thought, though, and having seen this datasheet...

I better go look under the hood again.

Thanks,

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back