Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiplexing two 7 segment displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
hiii folks....this is my first robot that i am making and i need help with the display...id be needin two 7 segment displays multiplexed and then increment them..the problem i am facing is with gettin 10 on the leds....please someoone help me out
thanx...rebirth of sands

okay...my project is to detect black squares which are placed all over the maze..now when my sensor detects the recquired square it has it show that on a led and so on...so for more than 9 mines im lost

fine..this is my plan i am using an at89c51 for my project and i want to take the least no of ports for the display so i am thinking of using a 4511 for the display and multiplex them to save more ppins for other uses

if u are using a pic then conect bouth severn segments to the same severn pins then conect two more pins to the comen conections e.g coman cathode . the swich the first one to low and display the first part of the number then swich the outher low and do the second part of the number

**broken link removed**

like this but with two

you cold use the 4511 to save more pins just use 4 mcu pins to controle the 4511 and then conect the 4511 where the 7 pins are

rebirth of sands said:
fine..this is my plan i am using an at89c51 for my project and i want to take the least no of ports for the display so i am thinking of using a 4511 for the display and multiplex them to save more ppins for other uses

The 4511 will work, you can mux em and use only 5 output pins or not muxed will require 8.

yeah.... but i want the schematic for that....and the schematic that i am using is

Attachments

• cky dia..using 4511 print.png
    cky dia..using 4511 print.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,003
rebirth of sands said:
yeah.... but i want the schematic for that....and the schematic that i am using is

hi,
This is a version of your circuit.

Do you follow it OK?

EDIT: you may find the 2 EL lines easier for your program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back