Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi 4.5v power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aces

Hi All,
I'm looking for some information about making a transformer to power a christmas village i have set up at home.

The whole village runs off 4.5v adapters each drawing anywhere between .2amp and 2amps . Now i have lots of these and they are starting to get out of hand with all the power adapters. I was looking for create a power supply with multiple outputs all running 4.5v at around 3amps max (to be on the safe side)

Can anyone help me out with a wiring diagram for this or anything at all really. Just looking for some guidance. I haven't made a transformer since trade school. (i'm a qualified electrician).

Thanks for any help in advance!

Get a "5V" power supply capable of being adjusted down to 4.5, such as 5VDC @ 12A POWER SUPPLY-MPJA, Inc.. The data sheet says it's adjustable +/- 10%.

Just distribute the 4.5V as you would wire an ordinary branch circuit.

If every unit in the village has a socket for, then Cables - Co-Ax Power Plugs | AllElectronics.com might help. Most cords are 5.5mm outside diameter, and either 1.7 or 2.1mm inside (pin) diameter. You also need to choose the correct gender.

hmm never noticed that, I'll have to look at the actual datasheets they provide for a few more of their power supplies, I forget dedicated switch modes like that often have an adjust on em.

The +/- adjust comes in handy when the load isn't real close to the power supply, especially at 5V 30 Amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back