Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430 name

Status
Not open for further replies.

aral

can someone tell me what the "msp" from MSP430 ucontroller from texas instruments stands for ? the manual doesn't say , it just says it's a low power microcontroller .. I assume s and p could be signal processing .., but it's not a DSP, it's a microcontroller as the manula says . Can someone please help me ?

Thank you !

Msp

MSP is the Abbreviation of Mixed Signal Processor. This processor consumes low power about 3.0 V and in low power mode it consumes 1.8V. This 16-bit microcontroller has in built flash ROM and RAM and it is tailored for use in handheld gadgets which works with batteries. The total asembly commands are 27 only with 7 addressing modes. the reason Y it is called Mixed signal is it has onchip ADC and DAC with 12bit resolution .and everything inside a single package with a size of just 1cm square.

with Regards
maha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back