Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mrf24wb0ma basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I got the "linksprite diamondback" which is an arduino(clone maybe) and the wifi chip posted in title, but the software i found for it on git is old and doesnt work, when i search microchip for that part there is only code for pic32

as far as i read i may need a tcp stack for it .. whatever that is
but before i can get to figuring that out i need to figure out how to interface...

as far as i could tell i should have been able to connect via wifi adhoc then enter through a webpage much like a router
however i am unable to detect any wifi broadcast from it .. so maybe i am wrong there

the other way to get in to it then must be through SPI but the datasheet only describes hardware and not any of the spi instructions or registers

advice needed about what i should do? maybe i am blind and just cant find the right datasheet , or maybe i should get something better??

I'm not familiar with that chip set but use a Wemos board instead. They cost me US$5 each and have always worked flawlessly first go. With on board WiFi, 4Meg flash, 80k RAM and 80/160MHz they can manage most things. Also lots of example code available.

Mike.

these boards look similar .. any chance you could post you sample code in a zip ... i tried googling it but i cant find the ESP8266WiFi.h and other associated files!

You looked at this i guess https://linksprite.com/wiki/index.p...i_Platform_Compatible_With_Arduino#Schematics

You would have to set arduino up as portable tho but I like using arduino that way I have 3 on my computer that way.

Lot's of the smt32 libraries cause problems with the stock one's, So I now have one called for each so I don't waste time fixing libraries

The libraries are for arduino 1.0 I can understand that the newer arduino has stuff everywhere
the older ones it was in one folder just like using the newer as portable.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I just googled "wemos server" and found lots of example code. I think the libraries were automatically installed when the board was installed.

However, your board appears very different and uses an atmel chip. You might get somewhere following this page.

Mike.

Mike you posted the same thing I did it's also using the old arduino Ide 1.0
Diamondback WiFi Platform Compatible With Arduino

Read post #4

lol took me a while to figure out how to DL the zip from git(the buttons still there, just hidden up in the right corner), however as mentioned its for arduino 1.0; my problems have occurred from the changes from 1.0 to 1.6 ..... and just recently atmel has made me upgrade to arduino 8.5 which helped none ....

I tried to compile the code but there are just too many errors, one was that they were using prgrm_char which i changed all to char, but after doing that am now faced with errors that are mentioning multiple definitions for calls and such.

:) any chance there is translation software that can adjust for all the changes ... since i dont know that much about changes made and fixes info
Its just too bad that the datasheet for my chip is missing the pages with SPI data bus info (all they had were timing diagrams), then maybe i could learn to do my own stack.

PlanB: ima get one of those chips mentioned , might have the same ver problem though

If you're getting a Wemos then make sure it's revision 2. You want Wemos D1 R2 - I prefer the mini as it's the size of a stamp and contains exactly the same circuitry as the larger sized one.

Mike.
Edit, I also have a revision 1 board and it still works with the code but is marked (in the software) as retired.

Edit, I also have a revision 1 board and it still works with the code but is marked (in the software) as retired.

Your talking about in the arduino ide ?

If so that's because most of the esp stuff was wrote for the older 1.65 and the 1.0

That's why I now use the portable so I can have installed the ide with the least broking libraries.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/PortableIDE

Don't let it install updates

Im using 1.85 but i have 3 as portable installs one for arduino boards .
One for stm boards
One for the esp.
What happens is the esp libraries use wire twi serial stuff mostly that has big changes from the older ide to the new then there is so many with the same names that you get tons of errors.

I had 1.85 working great it said there was updates to the lcd library took 4 hours to fix nothing more then a name change.

One more biggie you have to watch what you add some of the stuff that tells use this liberey is older then the hills ESP stuff is really bad at that there 2 places on the net one keeps up with the newer stuff one is just kind of a old copy.

Last edited:
ya, ima return the diamondback , i could have worked with it if i could get the spi instruction table but its mia.

but the suggested serial module is listening great I am able to setup a listening port and rx data....

I wonder though, is it possible to use this new serial module as a client device... ie my arduino as webbrowser?

i remember when commodore and atari had incompatable software you could run it through a translator, I wish all software had it ... so many times I have seen a webbrowser updates that worked worse than the prior.

but things are coming along, It is pairing and receiving data then responding, but 2 problems I am running in to:

1) I am trying to respond to a http get request.. so i created a very simple webpage with VB, and parsed it in to a string for the uno. from there i had to escape out the quotes, ie \", and \\ but it seems like the < and > symbols cause a problem in the microcontroller which seemed to help when i escaped them out too.
When i say problem in the microcontroller i mean that it seems to hang or overflow or things strange like that because sometimes when i send the code a second time the listener stops working (i think its something in the strings) , but on build the uno is only 50%full... I wonder if there are other characters i should escape out too?
I think I am at a point where the http code is ok but it also seems i am missing a final terminator? because the browser line now gets to 75% complete but it just doesnt seem to display things then eventually times out.

code:

const String webpage PROGMEM = { "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nContent-Type: text/html\r\n\r\n<center><h1>Hello World!! I am WiShield</h1><form method=\"get\" action=\"0\">Toggle LED:<input type=\"submit\" name=\"0\" value=\"LED1\"></input></form></center>" };

if (rx_byte.indexOf("GET") >= 0)
{
Serial.println("GOTTEN");
Serial.println(webpage);
portOne.println(webpage);
Serial.println("RETURNED");
}

SERIAL MONITOR:

Opening port
Port open
Serial Started:
WIFI Started:
Parameters Loaded:
OK
OK
OK
Connecting... 9 ��8 ��(-)
df_callback_reg()
SM=0, Sub=0
7 SM=2, Sub=0
SM=3, Sub=0
Auth with:ssid = dogg-house, auth mode = 7,
SM=3, Sub=1
SM=4, Sub=0
SM=4, Sub=1
SM=5, Sub=0
6 SM=6, Sub=0
Got IP:192.168.100.211
DNS wiki.dfrobot.com.cn, 182.254.133.61
fd 0 uip_aborted.9999. 0 128 0
...wifiFOund
Ready!
Received:
GET /helllooo HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.100.211:1000
User-Agent:
GOTTEN
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html

<center><h1>Hello World!! I am WiShield</h1><form method="get" action="0">Toggle LED:<input type="submit" name="0" value="LED1"></input></form></center>
RETURNED
Received:
GET /helllooo HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.100.211:1000
User-Agent:
GOTTEN
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html

<center><h1>Hello World!! I am WiShield</h1><form method="get" action="0">Toggle LED:<input type="submit" name="0" value="LED1"></input></form></center>
RETURNED

2) ALSO Are you guys able to get it to work as a client? to connect to a webpage? I feel there is an AT command missing on the datasheet ... also I have been scanning through the library files for the AT-strings but i cannot find any of the command structures...
I did read something once that i may need FW update but i fear doing that and destroying the wifibee ... did you guys encounter this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back