Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLINK problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpz

when i built my project i have this error:

Error - section '.org_0' can not fit the absolute section. Section '.org_0' start=0x00000000, length=0x00001032

anyone knows what this mean and how can i fix it?

Last edited:
i use pic16f877-20i/p

so i cant do anything? is there a connection between absolute/relocatable code and my problem?

Can you post your code?.... Are you using a large table?

The error states that your code is 0x1032 bytes long... That is 4146k.... The pic16f877 has 8192K

You need to check that the right chip is being linked in ( the pic16f874 only has 4K )
Look at lookup tables ( If they breach page boundaries ).

because i make a lot of changes to my code in order to work is a lot of mess, i will try to clean it and post, one clue is that i use 2 lookup tables 256bytes each one and a lot of call subroutines, could it be that with 14-bit words call instructions cant jump to a valid location because if i ommit some call instructions the code runs well.

I have had this before, I have had to change the linker script to merge 2 smaller segments into one larger one. Pain in the aris!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back