Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MP3 player help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake0o0babs

well it's not even mine so i don't know too much about it
a girl in my shop class said that her friend asked her to fix it & she came to me for help

what i do know about it tho...
it's an RCA M4204-A
it will not turn on however it does work when it is plugged into the USB port of the computer

we have been trying to figure it out & we think it could just be the battery or something
we have it tore apart & it apperently needs 3.7v so we wanted to hook up a power supply into it to see if that would make it work & then we'll know that it's the battery

however, there are 3 wires hooked up to the battery so we need the schematic to make sure we add the power supply correctly

i can not find the schematic anywhere so if you can help or if you have any other tips about it then help would be appreciated

What's the make and model of the battery? If it doesn't have one you're out of luck and will have to figure it out yourself. One wire will be ground, one wire will be discharge through a polyfuse (to prevent circuit failures from lightning the battery on fire) and the third should be the charger input. You should be able to tell on multimeter which is which.

i'm not sure about the battery but mainly i just want to find out what is wrong with it

there is a black, yellow, & red wire going to the battery but i'm afraid to do anything with them untill i make sure i know what they are for

like the person said if it gets broke then it's no big deal so when i find out what they're for i was planning on removing them & then connecting the power supply right to that to see if it's just the battery

What's wrong with a battery? If it stops working it went bad, there are any number of a half dozen reasons it could go bad, not one of which you can fix.

yea but i'm not sure yet if the battery is the problem

if it is then i'm done we can just tell the person it needs a new battery but i was hoping to find a schematic so i could hook up a power supply to it & if it runs then i know it's the battery

i just want to make sure i hook up the power supply right so that i don't damage something in it while i'm trying to fix it

The FIRST thing you should do is test the battery.

Use a multimeter in voltage test mode. Put the black lead to one connection and check the voltage you get with the red wire on the other two. Do this with each of the three connectors grounded. So you'll need to test

Use the black lead on the black connection, then use the red lead to write down the voltage for the red and yellow lines.

Then put the black lead on the red connection and use the red lead to write down the voltages for the black and yellow connection.

Then put the black lead on the yellow connection and use the red lead to write down the voltage you get from the red and black connection.

Post those voltages here.

okay right now the thing won't turn on at all so of course i'm not getting any kind of votage

so should i plug it in & then measure the voltage from the 3 wires to the battery do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back