Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MP3/CD Player using HDD as its memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

isko

is there anyone who can help me on how to interface an ordinary mp3 cd player with the standard hard disk drive in order to increase its capacity..thanks! :D

You mean puling the IDE socket out of the CD drive and sticking it a disk drive?

The IDE socket fits on bouth and the interface is ALMOST the same.And an CD drive only has up to 700 MB of storage wile an disk drive can have over 200 GB.So it will probobly wont be abe to handle that much storage.

You can use an Microprocesor to interface it prety easaly but it it realy complicated making it hande a file sistem(FAT16,FAT32,NTFS...)

You cod try to stick it on but it probobly wont work.

isko said:
is there anyone who can help me on how to interface an ordinary mp3 cd player with the standard hard disk drive in order to increase its capacity..thanks! :D

What do you mean?
You want to interface a discman mp3 player (wich uses ordenairy cd's with mp3's on them) with a harddrive ?

That's pretty much impossible, it would require 80% of the system to be changed and most of it is inside a single chip anyway...

It may be posible if its interfacing trugh IDE.

But its firmware is NOT designed to handle anything more than 700MB.And it is designed to hande an file sistem caled CDFS and not FAT32 or NTFS (Wich PC harddrives use)

It is probobly easyer to make your own MP3 player insted of modefiing one.

discman's dont use an IDE interface... It would be useless to use a IDE bus when it can be done directly (cheaper!)

isko said:
is there anyone who can help me on how to interface an ordinary mp3 >cd< player with the standard hard disk drive in order to increase its capacity..thanks! :D

Neighter a discman or a tabletop version will use a IDE interface...

in a discman the sound ic is bust and the number is not loking the ic have tatally 10 pins 5 pins right side and pins left sideso please tell me the ic number

I fixed (two were in the garbage at a stereo store) a Creative Nomad MP3 player that uses an 8GB hard drive from a laptop. It is about 3 years old. It plays for about 2 hours with four 2500mA/hr Ni-MH cells then they need charging.

A new ipod has an 8GB hard drive that is tiny. It plays all day and half the night from its tiny battery before it needs charging.

They both sound the same: excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back