Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motorised valve control

Status
Not open for further replies.
The solution proposed was a simplistic on/off function that demonstrates that you did not understand the problem. Never mind, no harm done as I solved it myself.

simplistic on/off function
Really because I thought it was a matter of a simplistic polarity reversal problem, well just goes to show ya. You solved it? Go figure as I saw it as solved by another member.

Ron

You have a cognitive situation. " I thought it was a matter of a simplistic polarity reversal problem" is not what you posted. You posted an "on/off" solution. This was not a solution to my problem. Please get your facts straight before mouthing off in full view of all the members.
PS We should not be creating an argument (problem) on this site - should be creating solutions, so let's leave it that-OK?

Last edited:
The solution proposed was a simplistic on/off function that demonstrates that you did not understand the problem. Never mind, no harm done as I solved it myself.

It seems pretty obvious that it was YOU who didn't understand his answer, which you've simply duplicated - he posted a standard polarity reversal circuit using two SPDT relays. Not an on/off solution at all - perhaps you might like to look at it again?.

You have a cognitive situation. " I thought it was a matter of a simplistic polarity reversal problem" is not what you posted. You posted an "on/off" solution. This was not a solution to my problem. Please get your facts straight before mouthing off in full view of all the members.
PS We should not be creating an argument (problem) on this site - should be creating solutions, so let's leave it that-OK?
What was posted by Ian Rogers WAS a polarity reversal solution.
Perhaps you should go back and review & understand that, before mouthing off?

Ian Rogers posted a solution for a "purely on/off " situation, which I appreciate, but would not solve my problem. The diagram was annotated as such and could not perform a reversal. The circuit I posted works and is there if anyone else would perhaps need it.
I am not here to argue, just to fix my problem, which I have done with some stimulation from some member's input. Thanks all.
PS Remember-my problem was to reverse the motor polarity in the absence of an electrical supply-a bit different from the usual situation.

Last edited:
Hi folks, sorry to be such a pain (?), but I just reviewed some of the Ian Rogers/Mickster dialogue/posts (aka primadonnas) and conclude that as this site appears to be dominated by their largely IT-orientated stuff, I will be departing now-bon chance amies, et bon soir! (please excuse my French).

Hey Mick.... We prima donna's… Yeah!! Always fancied myself in a dress..

Tony!! I really don't give a ratsarse if you use the circuit or not.... The only reason I'm here is to help... It isn't my circuit... Well used on many situations... The circuit posted has INDIVIDUAL control for off or on ..The motor direction control part of the circuit you posted is identical..

I was going to ban you, but if you leave... great..

tonymoo
Minimal changes required only to that simple circuit, to convert it from off/fwd/rev, to permanent fwd/permanent rev, controlled by another switched source:

Ian schem.png

Ruling something out, just because you don't understand the picture, or further replies, is a sure way to get help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back