Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorised Scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im working at a consruction site in the city and have to park ages away.
I have to catch a tram though a big park to get to the site.
So i was thinking, how good would it be if I has a scooter right now.
Reminiscing on all those times I would hear them buzzing down the street.
The child in me forced its way out and I bought one.
Christmas present to myself.
**broken link removed**
Brand new.
Its in transit.
4 stroke.
Cant wait.

Think I want to try make a electronic taco.

Anyway, has anybody got one.
What do you think of it?

I looked at some of those last summer. I have a kids battery operated scooter using a 100w 24v motor. It's a slug and I have a few weed whacker engines in the shed I was thinking on trying to rig to it somehow. With their built-in clutch and decent torque, it might make for a fun little scooter, despite the stinky, noisy 2-stroke they are.

I was wanting to do something like that.

I had an Eager Beaver 2 stroke Whipper Snipper.
But the engineering and work that would be involved would be the problem.
Im not saying I couldn't do it, I would really enjoy it too, but the tools I would need, sourcing parts etc... would take up a lot of time and money.

However I did teach myself a reallllllly good lesson in 2 stroke engines.
Dont ever forget to add oil to the petrol again!
HAHA whooops.
I should have taken a picture of the piston before i through it all out.

despite the stinky, noisy 2-stroke
Some of the reasons I wanted a 4 stroke.

Yep, IMHO 4-strokes are hard to beat overall. So much easier to simply add fuel and not measure oil mix. 2-strokes are cheap to build, that's why they exist. On dirt bikes they rev super fast, run good when kept tuned, and develop loads of power. 4 strokes have better torque, wider pwr. band, but throttle response is lower and more internal parts to fail/wear. Today's modern 4 strokes are marvelous in many ways. They surpass most 2 strokes bar none.

I'm not phased about the throttle response, or lack thereof. as long as it gets there.
But torque is what I wanted as I will be using it on slight inclines.

Plus its just a bonus being able to pour petrol staight into the tank.

I think I'm happy with my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back