Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have a motor out of a 240 AC clothes dryer.
I need assistance to wirer up the motor And capacitor
i have done resistance test on the wires using black as common I hope this is correct.
I will attach the results.

Attachments

• A68E61B6-7B59-4F4F-8A36-834E7FA7CD6C.jpeg
    A68E61B6-7B59-4F4F-8A36-834E7FA7CD6C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
  • 1E979A10-1706-4FDA-8064-018D95EB3559.jpeg
    1E979A10-1706-4FDA-8064-018D95EB3559.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
What does the label on the motor say?

Hi Greg,

It appears to be a capacitor-run reversible motor.
untitled5.JPG

The connections would be red to 230V line for forward, blue to 230V line for reverse and white to neutral.

The black wire may be the ground wire connected to the body. Please check to confirm that.

However, since there is continuity between white and ground, it's probable that one of the windings has a short to body closer to the neutral end.

- Nandu.

Last edited:
Usually there are 2 windings, a start and a run, you apply power to the run winding direct and to the start winding via the cap.
Reversing the connections to the run with respect to the start reverses motor direction.
The colour codes here in the Uk are different, and more confusing you have continuity across all conections.
As a rule the run winding at Dc as measured with a meter is slightly less than the start winding.
Check contiunuity to the metal case as above, if you get it then its probably dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back