Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Speed Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

123mmm

Hello, I have an 125 mm angle grinder with 720 W AC motor and soft start (attached pdf document). I want to build a speed controller for this angle grinder. I tested a simple triac dimmer (from the attached jpg schematic) but it doesn't work normally, because it is making a strange buzzing noise.
Is there any solution of making a speed (RPM) controller for this grinder, without removing the integrated soft start circuit ?

Attachments

• GA5030.pdf
    159.3 KB · Views: 247
  • dimer_scheme_2.jpg
    dimer_scheme_2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 309
Why would you still need the soft start when you can slowly increase the speed with the controller?

Mike.

I can't remove it, because it is inside the case of the grinder ...
If I will try to remove it, then I should remove the entire module which contains the on/off switch ...

I can't remove it, because it is inside the case of the grinder ...
If I will try to remove it, then I should remove the entire module which contains the on/off switch ...

I would imagine the soft-start is essentially just a triac speed controller, so you can't add another external one.

I found that the part number for the module which contains the switch and the soft start circuit is SWITCH DPX-2110-R 9553NB.
Do you know if this module can be opened to remove the soft start circuit, and add the external soft start and motor speed controller ?

I finally opened the angle grinder and I removed the soft start circuit.
Does anybody know a schematic which has soft start and speed control into the same module ?

Does anybody know a schematic which has soft start and speed control into the same module ?

A speed-controller is soft-start - just pull the trigger slowly- although generally you can't make them fast start even if you pull it fast.

What parts did you take out to remove the soft start function?
Can you post the schematic of the complete circuit in the grinder? You'll probably need to reverse engineer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back