Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor on vegetable cutter 230v stall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello smart people.
I have a vegetable cutter that when I start it, the motor stall, making a sound and sometimes starts turning, sometimes doesnt. Then I have to shut off and on and then it probably start. I see the motor has a big capacitor attached to it, I dont really see any brushes, not easily available atleast. It is like it turns a milimeter jumping back and forth between that milimeter.
What do you think cause this?

Thanks in advance

Presumably the big capacitor is the motor start capacitor?, it could well be that causing the problem, it's a common failure - replacements are easily available, it will have the value required printed on it.

That was my thought too. It doesnt have anything else than a motor, so a big (10 cm long) capacitor attached to the motor, must probably be a start capacitor.
Do you have any insight´s into brushes? Does a 230v allways use brushes or dont? When it has a start capacitor, does it even have brushes? Some 230v motors like in drills and alike, has a small capacitor and brushes.
Thank you, I will change the capacitor as a first thing.

Ensure you get a motor start rated cap, it could also have a centrifugal switch in the motor that can cause the same problem.
Also do not use one of Chinese origin.
Max.

Thanks. I ordered a new capacitor fro local store. Receive next week. Probably not Chinese then. I'll get back when tested. Thank you for help

In the produce department in grocery stores I see vegetables that look like a log of wood with a name I cannot pronounce. Are you trying to cut these??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back