Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanaziz008

hi guys
i have a motor which im using to drive my robot it requires about 4 amps when under full load and i have to control it with 89c51 now to control the motors i have to options either i use an h bridge of descrete components or use L298 the problem with this IC is that it can only give about 4 amps if i combine the two bridges inside it what i wanted to know is can i combine two ICs in parallel to increase the current handling capacity of the circuit
if any body has done this plz let me know

hasanaziz008 said:
hi guys
i have a motor which im using to drive my robot it requires about 4 amps when under full load and i have to control it with 89c51 now to control the motors i have to options either i use an h bridge of descrete components or use L298 the problem with this IC is that it can only give about 4 amps if i combine the two bridges inside it what i wanted to know is can i combine two ICs in parallel to increase the current handling capacity of the circuit
if any body has done this plz let me know

How big is the motor, and have you measured the stall current?.

Presumably as you mention 4A run current it's a reasonably sized motor?, so it's stall current is going to be well in double figures - probably limited mainly by the current capacity of your batteries.

I suspect you would be better building a discrete H bridge rather than using small IC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back