Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor control driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

289u4ea

Gentelmen and Ladies,

I am using a Cygnal development kit to drive several functions of a project I am working on. One of the DAC's will be driving a motor. The motor runs on a varying voltage from about 1.1 to 5V to vary the speed from off to max and pulls up to 400mA. The Cygnal device will supply about 300uA to drive the motor and has a maximum DAC output of 2.4V. I have put together the attached circuit and it seem to be close to what I need, although there are some things I would like to improve. Please refer to the schematic.

The input is very sensitive. I can only vary the input from 1.4 to 1.7V to acheive the full scale of off to max out of Q2.

My input current also is a little high. It runs from a few :D uA to 2mA at most.

I would like to decrease the voltage sensitivity and decrease the input current.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Gerry

[/img]

Attachments

• motor_control_203.jpg
    motor_control_203.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 456
You need more current gain and some variable voltage gain. The attached circuit should work, you will have to adjust the trim resistor, depending on the gain of the output transistor.

Attachments

• mtr_drv.jpg
    mtr_drv.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 441
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back