Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor control & channel expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

some help, out of ideas.
i ned a simple transistor bridge, 1A only, but i think 0.5is still enough. it must make the motor turn in one direction for one imput high, in the other for the other iput high and barke for both inputs high.
also, i have a tramsmittera and reciver wich uses 4 channels wich can be HIGH or LOW, and i need to extend it to 8 or maybe more, could someone help me please?

hey why not use ba6209.
self made bridges become hot too soon. also adding flyback diodes makes them bulky. also implementing brakes would b another pain.

ba6209 is a cool IC (i can say that now at least). i just stalled the robot
and the IC literaly gave out some smoke. i disconnected the power it cooled down within a second. and it still works. also its the cheapest(Rs. 30 = 0.5$) motor control soln. i could figure out.

about the transmitter thing use DTMF tone encoders and decoders.
they let u send 4 bits per channel and they r pretty cheap(less than half a $) so u will b able to get a total of 4x4 = 16 bits.

bye,
Shima

you know cool....and lol, i dont think you looked who wrote the message...shima...i have been discussing about the ba...for a week with you...ha ha ha ha!,
but i was thinking of a bridge like that because i have a lot of trasnsitors "begging" me to use them. lol, but about the expansion. i need to use the transmitter/receiver i have. normally you can send 16 codes to it, but i was thinking of expanding it to 8 bits, because if i were to decode it i would have 16 outputs, but ONLY ONE high at one moment. so not enough. could be something like sending 4 and 4 bits and to put them together and form 8 bits, but ill give this a thought, anyway, send me some other suggestions.

:lol: well i DID c who posted that :lol:
and i was surprised to hear a question like that from a person who has been answering that to me since a week now :D

neway there r a lot of H-Bridge schematics available all over the web.
only thing is that they use weird transistors which arent maybe even enuff to drive LEDs. so u can replace them with the ones u need.
one schematic is here ...

**broken link removed**

and bout the decoder, i had the same problem. i needed two HIGHs simultaneously. so i decoded the 4 bits as a pair of 2 bits ewach using two 2X4 decoders. each works independantly of each other so it can give max of two HIGHs simultaneously.
though the actual solution depends on how many HIGHs u need at once.
tell me that and i will think over.

bye,
lol again,
Shima

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back