Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Sensitive Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KineticEntity

Firstly hello, I am new here but not new at the electronics hobby.

I am in need of advice regarding a plan I have over a motion sensor to be mounted on the back of an external security camera.
The trouble is that on a couple of occasions someone has tipped up the camera making it pointless, watching the skies. It has started to annoy me.
My original plan was to mount the camera in a metal case and wire the case to the mains electrical supply but that would be wrong and illegal though justly deserved. :D

Second plan is to mount a motion sensitive switch to the back or top of the camera linked to a battery. The moment the camera is moved again a siren alarm sounds. The siren being connected to the mains supply so that it sounds without draining the battery. The switch to the battery so I'm not drawing constant supply from the mains putting up my electric bill.
A simple toggle switch inside the flat would reset the alarm, after the camera has been repositioned.

I hope that makes sense.

Now the trouble I have is I have no idea where to start planning a circuit diagram.

Any helps and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

hi KE,
If its a repeated tilt problem, it would be an idea to use a simple 'tilt' switch.
These are quite cheap and readily available. Mount the 'tilt' switch in a way that it is normally open. The switch will drive a buzzer etc, keep it low voltage, if you can.

Regards
EricG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back