Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motion detection circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

billozz

i am trying to find out if it would be difficult to build a circuit that would detect persons entering the driveway of my property and sound an alarm to alert me that they are there, if possible i would like to be alerted to people other than those there for legitimate reasons, i have had people damaging my vehicle and would like to catch them in the act. i know nothing about electronics but i am happy to follow any advise
thanks
Bill

Sorry to hear about your car being vandalized. A recording camera with built-in motion detector would work for you. You might try to kluge together a PIR motion detector, camera and DVR. It wouldn't be all that hard, but you would need to know the products well enought to get them to work togeher.

Last edited:
i am trying to find out if it would be difficult to build a circuit that would detect persons entering the driveway of my property and sound an alarm to alert me that they are there, if possible i would like to be alerted to people other than those there for legitimate reasons, i have had people damaging my vehicle and would like to catch them in the act. i know nothing about electronics but i am happy to follow any advise
thanks
Bill

hi,
You can buy a mains PIR detector with or without a light that sounds a 'ding dong' in house when someone enters the PIR area.

The ding dong unit plugs into a regular mains socket, its coded A,B, or C, so that you can have 3 external PIRS, giving an alarm

hi,
You can buy a mains PIR detector with or without a light that sounds a 'ding dong' in house when someone enters the PIR area.

The ding dong unit plugs into a regular mains socket, its coded A,B, or C, so that you can have 3 external PIRS, giving an alarm
could you give me a clue where i could get that please eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back