motion detection circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

billozz

i am trying to find out if it would be difficult to build a circuit that would detect persons entering the driveway of my property and sound an alarm to alert me that they are there, if possible i would like to be alerted to people other than those there for legitimate reasons, i have had people damaging my vehicle and would like to catch them in the act. i know nothing about electronics but i am happy to follow any advise
thanks
Bill

Sorry to hear about your car being vandalized. A recording camera with built-in motion detector would work for you. You might try to kluge together a PIR motion detector, camera and DVR. It wouldn't be all that hard, but you would need to know the products well enought to get them to work togeher.

Last edited:

hi,
You can buy a mains PIR detector with or without a light that sounds a 'ding dong' in house when someone enters the PIR area.

The ding dong unit plugs into a regular mains socket, its coded A,B, or C, so that you can have 3 external PIRS, giving an alarm

This might apply for your problem, it doesn't hurt the video is pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

thats very good. to be honest i would definately use that if i could figure the setup and not have to take the car apart to make it lol, i would love to give the "bar stewards" a good soaking

could you give me a clue where i could get that please eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…