Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion control with motor : help with basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

girjosh_005

Hi my name is girish n i am a beginner to robotics. I am still learning abt microcontrollers.

So i hav been thinkin of a project. N the part in which i need understanding is very basic. I want to control movement of an
Elbow joint with a motor. Like one rod remains fixed while the other moves from 0 to 90 degrees. Thing is i want it to stop at an angle i want n then move as per the motor is given signal by mc.

Can u help me with which motor i should go. Servo or stepper. I know stepper would be first suggestion but as far as i know stepper hav not good enough torque as i also want the rod to lift a few 100gms
N move smoothly.
Also forgive me if i am wrong but Servos also operate at 0,90 or 180. I am not clear with tht concept of Servo. I would like to use a Servo as it gives good torque. Can a Servo be designed to start/stop a movement at an angle i want. Can it be designed to start/stop at the instant it receives a signal from an mc
Plz throw some light on this topic for me.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thnks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back