Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosquito Killer BAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmark

I am a beginner of electronics........ I am in a trouble of mosquito bat. I have bought several types and quality bat but all turns bad after 2/4 days. Can it be repaired. I tried but failed to recognize the circuit ....

I am a beginner of electronics........ I am in a trouble of mosquito bat. I have bought several types and quality bat but all turns bad after 2/4 days. Can it be repaired. I tried but failed to recognize the circuit ....
the batteries go bad if not charged in time. if you use dry cells, they need replacement frequently. So many types of bats cant misbehave same way .

Thanks for your reply. My batteries are new . I found output voltage but i think it is not sufficient to fry the mosquitoes .......

By far the best and most effective bat to use on mosquitoes is this:

**broken link removed**

I've had a lot of fun over the last few years making ultrasonic detectors to 'listen' to the amazing world of bat echolocation.
I've also tried to take photos of bats during my experiments.

It is incredibly difficult to get shots like your posted image --total respect to whoever took that photograph!

Electronic pest repellents do not work unless you contact a local pest controller via e-mail to come eliminate the problem. They actually know what they're doing, if you're lucky.

Electronic pest repellents do not work unless you contact a local pest controller via e-mail to come eliminate the problem. They actually know what they're doing, if you're lucky.

These 'bats' are cheap kiddie toys, which apparently get used more on friends and family, rather than actual insects. Got a hunch they would be functioning after more than a day or two in my house either... :)

I've had a lot of fun over the last few years making ultrasonic detectors to 'listen' to the amazing world of bat echolocation.
I've also tried to take photos of bats during my experiments.

It is incredibly difficult to get shots like your posted image --total respect to whoever took that photograph!
I've got many circuits for listening to bats and insects. Someday I hope to get around to making one of them. Probably a whole new listening experience. I'd like to build a bat house to lure them and keep them around the property for bug control.

Getting back to the point, does anyone have any basic circuits to rewire bug zapper bats? Mine is also dead.

Mq bat build with 3 wire mesh W1 W2 W3
W1 & W2 common W2 place in between these
Bat electronics consist a single transistor BOOST converter
02 chargeable Cell (charging by AC main )
o2 LED one for AC Main charging & one for working mode(boost converter work charge a output Capacitor)

troubleshooting.
1. if working mode LED on its mean boost converter charge the capacitor
but W1 or W2 short with W2 ( any wire short due to bending /broken phyical connection etc.)
so Check accordingly

Would stripping a disposable flash work? Ie remove the flash tube, then hookup the two leads to the separate grids on the bat?

Would stripping a disposable flash work? Ie remove the flash tube, then hookup the two leads to the separate grids on the bat?

Camera flash takes a while to charge, plus you need to trigger. Straight off the capacitor is only about 250 volts, shocking, but not so much for bugs.

The charge rate isnt a huge concern, and the trigger is the bug initiating the current flow over the grid. Only problem is as you mentioned, 250-300 volt isnt enough to bridge a sufficient enough air gap nor thru the bug's juices.

I have found a circuit **broken link removed**, but can anyone tell me what the transformers are? What is a 'flash lamp' transformer?
Thinking about it, maybe 13.5kv is too much, i think i need more like 1.5kv

Last edited:
Can make them easily as mentioned in an other post.
Put in 2 transformers 240/12 and 12/240 back to back.

Then series the two 240 Volts windings which gives you around 440 to 480 Volts ac.
Then built a voltage tripler with 1 kV caps and 1 N4007 diodes and get about 1200 Vdc.

I built two of these zappers years ago and they still work fine, especially for mozzies.
From the 12 V you can run some blue and UV led's to attract the mozzies.
Principle is visualized in attached YouTube video

YouTube - Mozzyzapper with LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back