Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFETs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathcom

Hi Everybody. Hope someone can help here. I fly Remote control electric planes and most times I do my own running repairs,when I can find parts. At the moment I am battling to find a small quantity of power trench MOSFETs.Say 8 of each. Fairchild FDD8896 and F4435 and Fairchild F7413. All the companies I have found will sell a reel of 2500 or a minimum order of £200.00. I will never use that many let be able to afford that. Anybody???

Hi Everybody. Hope someone can help here. I fly Remote control electric planes and most times I do my own running repairs,when I can find parts. At the moment I am battling to find a small quantity of power trench MOSFETs.Say 8 of each. Fairchild FDD8896 and F4435 and Fairchild F7413. All the companies I have found will sell a reel of 2500 or a minimum order of £200.00. I will never use that many let be able to afford that. Anybody???

hi,
Whats your location.?

What are your requirements in terms of gate voltage an on resistance?

Thank you gentlemen for replying to my query. 1st off though Farnell and RS do not stock the items I require and I wanted to get a chart of equivelents but all I find are costly c/d's and manuals so I am lost in that quagmire .

You don't need exactly the same MOSFETs, just choose ones with the same or better specifications. As I said above, RS and Farnel stock MOSFETs which will outperform the ones you've specified for a lower price.

HERO999, thank you for your reply but yes I am very willing to use equivelents if only I had an equivelents chart or just the related part numbers.Type FDD8896 into the query box and all I got was "part not recognised"

Read the datasheet.

Is this for a pre-built board or are you building this yourself?

Is the case style important?

Read the datasheet.

Look at the Ron, maximum ID, and ID@ 4.5V VGS, search RS and Farnel for parts that have equal or better specifications. Farnel's parametric search engine for MOSFETs is very good.

I found those parts in RS by getting RS's search engine to sort from the smallest value of Ron value up. In Farnel, I selected all Rons below 3mΩ and whose IDs are specified at 4.5V.

Once you've found a part that you think might be suitable check the finer details such as switching speed and gate capacitance. Consider what the MOSFET is actually doing in the circuit: is it a low or high frequency application?

Compare the relevant characteristics with the MOSFETs you can't get hold of to ensure they're at least as good or better. If the MOSFET isn't suitable, find go back to RS or Farnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back