MOSFETS as linear amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

hi ho.

Has any one here had any good experieance using MOSFETS in their linear region as a push-pull setup? I cannot find any PNP/NPN BJT that meet all my requirement but their are loads of MOSFETS that do.

I would like to post some more info for a full discussion but this is for work and would be cheaky plus I have the MOSFET drive all sorted I am just after peoples views of using MOSFETS as linear push-pulls

What sort of linear amplifier are you talking about?. MOSFET's are commonly used in high power audio PA applications.

Nigel Goodwin said:
What sort of linear amplifier are you talking about?. MOSFET's are commonly used in high power audio PA applications.

Well its more of a voltage profile shaping cct for an IGBT drive and it needs to be very fast (~2000V/us)

Styx said:
Well its more of a voltage profile shaping cct for an IGBT drive and it needs to be very fast (~2000V/us)

That sounds like it's going to be very expensive :cry:

What are you trying to do? If it is a linear amp, feedback is more effective in obtaining linearity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…