Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET that has no problem with long charging period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalawi_tan

We're in the process of creating an electric unicycle like the ones here. We already have a design that we're sure will be competitive in the market once out. Now, I am assigned on working with the charging circuit. I was thinking of using power MOSFETs but I'm not quite sure which one should I get. Do you have any recommendation? Preferably 60v. The charging period is critical so I'd like to have a MOSFET that has no problem with long charging period.

Use a mosfet(s) rated for continuous duty at the maximum charge current.

Hundreds of issues here:

Is the mosfet used as a DC switch, a PWM, or linear regulator?

What is the system peak voltage?
What is the peak current through each MOSFET?
What is the charging circuit?
Do you have room for a heatsink?
What is the battery size / voltage / capacity?

ak

What is the battery chemistry? Lithium batteries can catch fire or explode if not charged properly.
I suggest you go to Battery University.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back