Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet substitution help

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrocub

I got a circuit from a magazine that uses a mosfet part number 2n7002. The circuit drives a led so I don't think it is real critical. The 2n7002 that the circuit calls for is a surface mount n channel. I would like to use a mosfet of a more traditional package of a transistor outline t092. Can I use one with the following specs? N-CH 60V 500MA TO-92. The circuit is powered by a 16 volt power supply so it should be well below the voltage and milliamps. Thanks

The only thing that might be different and would prevent the circuit from working is if the Gate Threshold voltage of the substitute NFET is much higher than the one you are replacing. The only way to tell for sure is to look up the data-sheets for both NFETs and look up the threshold voltage. If it makes a difference or not would depend on the circuit it is in, so post that.

Last edited:
I got a circuit from a magazine that uses a mosfet part number 2n7002. The circuit drives a led so I don't think it is real critical. The 2n7002 that the circuit calls for is a surface mount n channel. I would like to use a mosfet of a more traditional package of a transistor outline t092. Can I use one with the following specs? N-CH 60V 500MA TO-92. The circuit is powered by a 16 volt power supply so it should be well below the voltage and milliamps. Thanks
you can get either 2N7000, BS170 or BS107.
All are TO9, pinout variations need to be checked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back