Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET logic level issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

earckens

This 1N60 has a gate threshold voltage of 2 to 4V. Yet when I apply 3.3V at the gate, there remains 1.6V across drain-source; when 4V is applied, there remains 1.5V, when 5V is applied, the voltage drops to 0.3V approx. The load is 10mA. Is this normal behaviour?

Attachments

• 1N60 MOSFET n-channel TO92 low power.pdf
    361.7 KB · Views: 147
The test condition given for that 2 to 4 V gate threshold voltage is a load of 250uA. I expect it will be different at 10mA.

This 1N60 has a Vdss of 600V. I've never found low gate threshold voltage and high Vdss in the same mosfet.

The test condition given for that 2 to 4 V gate threshold voltage is a load of 250uA. I expect it will be different at 10mA.

This 1N60 has a Vdss of 600V. I've never found low gate threshold voltage and high Vdss in the same mosfet.
Good to know. Can you suggest a few alternatives that actually do switch at 3.3v? I need Vdss max 30V.

Do you have Farnell (element14 here) where you are? There parametric search will find a few that meet your needs.

Mike.
Edit. **broken link removed**

Attachments

• SI2312CD N-channel MOSFET 20V SOT23.pdf
    245.9 KB · Views: 102
That SOT-23 has a pulsed current of 20A - continuous = 6A. At 30mΩ the wattage is 6 * 0.03 = 0.18W.

Mike.

Good to know. Can you suggest a few alternatives that actually do switch at 3.3v? I need Vdss max 30V.

I've added a few filters to MikeMl's DigiKey recomendation. First, go to Change Country in the top right of the screen and select Belgium/Euros.
You can pick from the shortlist of the filtered parts, further refine the filters, or open the choices up by unchecking the Applied Filters that I've preselected.

You don't have to buy from digikey. You can use their parametric search tool to find part numbers, and then go shopping elsewhere.

I've added a few filters to MikeMl's DigiKey recomendation. First, go to Change Country in the top right of the screen and select Belgium/Euros.
You can pick from the shortlist of the filtered parts, further refine the filters, or open the choices up by unchecking the Applied Filters that I've preselected.

You don't have to buy from digikey. You can use their parametric search tool to find part numbers, and then go shopping elsewhere.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back