Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karkas

Hello, I had a problem today with three MOSFETs 2SK1212. I have a chopper and everything is working perfectly, my triggering circuit with the optocoupler, the trhee phase diode bridge with the filters, but when I connect the transistor it starts up closed, I mean i don't have a DC controller because the switch is not working. I had a problem with the first one and it was that when I connected the Vgs control signal it went to zero, I realizaed that the transistor was damaged with the static charge, then I tried with a new one and the control signal kept "intact" that was when I connected it to the chopper and powered it but it started up closed, I tried and tried and finally changed it for a new one and it did the same, they walways start up closed, and I never conected it to the Vgs control signal.

That doesn't make any sense to me, I think they came damaged, if you have a different explanation for this a would really appreciate it, actually I would appreaciate any help. I made all the tests withouth any load, in the simulation I used a 100 Ω Load to test the current.

Attachments

• Chopper1.JPG
    Chopper1.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Chopper2.JPG
    Chopper2.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 122
Add a resistor from gate to source (say 10K) to make sure the FET is off with no input.

I found out what was happening, if I run tests without any load the 311V will appear in the output completely. I put the load and it worked perfectly.

Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back