Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET battery power switches -- can't find any I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brocktune

Hi guys,

Who makes MOSFET IC's that can switch +45V. I also need to switch -45V. Two sides of a battery. I was looking at "intelligent power switches" like:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2003/05/ips521.pdf

But it's not rated for a high enough Vcc, and it's only for high-side apps. IRF tells me they don't make a low-side mate to this chip either. I need something like the IPS521, just with higher Vcc rating, 10A rating, and also a comparable low-side mate. I've searched all over but can't find any. Any help would be much appreciated.

I know it's a lot to ask on my first post, but time is running out!!

Hey,

How about a "IRFU9020" which can handle -50V at -9.9A?

Steve

Or perhaps you can parallel a couple -35V, -5A MOSFETs, which will lower your rdson to 1/2 and make a 10A current rating. At the price of course of a higher gate capacitance which will require a beefy driver at higher frequencies.

Thanks for the reply. But I'm actually looking for something more along the lines of the IPS521 (see above). It needs to be more like an 'intelligent power switch' with diode clamping and protection and control already built in to it like the IPS521 (need to save board space). I would go with the 521 but it is only for high-side, and doesn't have a big enough Vcc rating.

Oh, I see now.. That is actually a logic level MOSFET with all of the features for current and thermal protection, nice :D
I searched for around 15minutes, and I cant find anything like what you need.. Let me know if you do find one, sorry I couldn't help more!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back