Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monoshot using single op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

picstudent

Could anybody show me how to do a a monoshot with about 10Seconds low at output?
It should be op amp based.

Thanks

Use a couple resistors to make a divider to give a voltage reference to the op-amp. Then charge a cap. When the cap reaches your ref voltage the output goes high.

See attached.

Note it is not self-resetting.

Attachments

• delay.jpg
    delay.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,014
He said Op amps, so I assume it is for homework or something. The 74ls123 is a good oneshot.

Now I face another issue. ActuAlly I need 100% duty cycle monoshot. Hope I am correct in terminology. When my first monoshot period is over sometimes if the condition that triggered this monoshot( in my case it is a short circuit) still exists the next monoshot should start. the circuits I am trying cant do that beacuse it needs a recovery time to trigger again. how can I overcome this problem?

After the first monoshot pulse Within microseconds I should be able to fire the next monoshot.
Is it possible ? if op-amp cant do it could 555 do it?
Thanks

I need a output which goes high or low (preferably low) and stays there 10 seconds for every input pulse. I thought monostable and monoshot are same . right?

thanks

As far as I know, monostable and oneshot mean the same thing, and monoshot means nothing. While I think that you could make the argument that the term "monoshot" makes sense, it would be better in the long run to just use terms that are already widely used and understood.

Regards,

Torben

The term monoshot was first used in an AA meeting. They soon realized they would soon go astable, therefore monoshots was not an option :)

The term monoshot was first used in an AA meeting. They soon realized they would soon go astable, therefore monoshots was not an option :)

Don't you mean "aastable"? ;)

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back