Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Momentary switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoria

I bought some of these at Radio Shack. The idea here was to have a circuit on only when i am holding the switch.... however, it turns on only when i am NOT using the switch.

There are only 2 leads....

any one know whats up?

david

You have bought what is known as a "normally closed" switch.

Switches can be "normally open" (which is what you want) or "normally closed". These are usually abbreviated to N/O and N/C.

An N/O switch is open when you are NOT pressing it, and closed when you press it. An N/C switch is the opposite - closed when you are NOT pressing it, and open when you press it.

Take your switches back to Radio Shack, and ask to replace them with N/O switches.

hahaha excellent. i notice that on the package now... i didn't even think to look hehe.

thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back