Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Momentary DPDT normally open to normally closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudeez

Hi

This might be a very, and i say very stupid question but i just can't figure it out.
Is it possible to wire a Normally Open Momentary (yes, they are momentary :) ) DPDT Footswitch to a Normally Closed one? Could anyone then tell me how to wire it or even better do a fast Paint skiss of it? Im wiring it to a mono jack so it's ground + signal.
The switch i have are below:
**broken link removed**

hi,

every DPDT switch is an NO and NC switch.

The pin pairs are labeled 1 through 3 and there should be a connection diagram on the opposite side of the body.

If not, just connect the center pin (2) to your power source and any pin (1 or 3) to the load.

Since the switch toggles with every push it doesn't matter if the load is connected to pin 1 or 3.

Boncuk

Boncuk, I don't think that's correct. The O.P. said it's a momentary switch, so it doesn't toggle.

If it is in fact a momentary DPDT switch, then each side (set of 3 contacts) has a NO (normally-open) and NC (normally-closed) contact on the outside, with the center contact common to them.

Just use an ohmmeter or continuity tester to figure out which side is which. If you want the switch to be normally closed, then use the contact that shows continuity (is shorted or closed) with the center contact when the switch is not pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back