Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modified wiring, your thoughts?

paulmars

Id like to move the red wire for the kwh meter shown from before to after the coil. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230803-084047.png
    Screenshot_20230803-084047.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 144
Yes and i want the meter above the kiln plug. So wiring looks good? I tested the meter on 120vac and hooked it up as shown hot and neutral & it worked fine. I never wondered why it's labeled neutral. So,now it's hooked up to the 240 hots. No neutral. I know that is fine, but still it concerns me why they labeled it like that.

P
In many other countries it's labelled 'live' and 'neutral', as it is here in the UK - and while I'd certainly connect it across the live wire, it should make no difference if you connect it to the neutral, the same current should flow in both.

BTW, I checked the spec. on the unit, it makes no claim at all for resolution - and I wouldn't expect much from something so cheap. It's really cool though - I've got this urge to order one (except I've got no need for it :) )

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back