Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MODIFICATION OF ULTRASONIC DISTANCE MEASUREMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

samplus

I have this design, its ultrasonic distance measurement, working perfectly, but I want to modify it by adding a buzzer (1) To beep once when it measures a distance equal to 1m and (2) To increase the frequency of beeping whenever the distance is less than 1m. I need help, please. Thank you.
UDMD.png

Attachments

• buzzer cct.png
    buzzer cct.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 180
Welcome to the forum.

since you have your 8-bit bus set up for your LCD display, you could use an 8-bit tone generator chip like the AY-3-8910 o AY-3-8913. It is very similar to the display in the way it functions. Send the frequency to the chip, the volume and the "noise" factor and it sends a tone to an output pin. It has three output pins so you can make a chord instead of just a tone. And the noise factor adds depth to the pure tones.
It's an old school part. Other digital tone generators exist now so you might want to go that route.

if you want an AY-3-8913, let me know.

Exactly @ Gophert. I already have a system but wants to modify it for extra features as said earlier. I want it to beep at distance =1m, and beep more frequently at distances less than 1m.

Do you have a working system? What language?

do you
I have this design, its ultrasonic distance measurement, working perfectly,

what does the language have to do with generating audible tones?
Do you have an idea about audible tones, or not? Or do you just want to talk about non-tone related topics?

do you

Do you have an idea about audible tones, or not? Or do you just want to talk about non-tone related topics?
Again, what is wrong with you?

Mike.

I suspect he means what programming language is being used on the 8051. I would imagine it should be possible to add the required features by modifying the software. Assuming the source code is available.

Les.

It has a box in the top post with c/asm in it so it seemed reasonable to ask what language but gophert doesn't think so. Are you OK gophert?

Mike.

do you

The more i think about this the more I realize you don't understand.

I have this design, its ultrasonic distance measurement, working perfectly
Do you have an understanding of the MCU code, or is it just cut-and-paste from some library? If the former, it shouldn't be too difficult to bolt on extra code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back